Vintage 5 String English Flush Fret Banjo, made 1890s/1900s, manufacturer unknown . The banjo is very good in appearance and is in good playable condition.
- Pot 10 1/2 "dia x 2 1/8" deep x 5/16" thk wood rim with 28 original hooks, nuts & shoes.
- Rim 1/4" thk hoop with alternating vertical maple and mahogany (?) strip veneer.
- Unique hardware consisting of cast bow-tie shoes with cast square nuts.
- Some hooks look to be non-original.
- Newer skin head
- Neck built from maple and mahogany (?) vertical laminations.
- Neck has a 24" scale length, with ivory flush frets, and guitar style peghead .
- Neck is straight, with negligible twist..
- Minstrel style ebony tailpiece.
- Nylgut strings.
The banjo looks to be all original with very crisp sound and is in very good + condition.
The banjo is sold as is. Please feel free to email me if you would like to see more pics or if you have any questions about the item.